Terms + Conditions
1 A non-refundable 20% deposit is due at contract signing. All dates are secured with a signed contract and deposit. Payments must be made via check (to LexEffect, LLC) or via credit/debit card. All major cards accepted, a 4% service fee will be added to card payments. The remaining balance is due three (3) months prior to your event date - if the event is booked within three months, the rental rate is due in full at contract signing.
2 . A $500 damage security deposit is due thirty (30) days prior to your event. This check should be made to THE HEARTWOOD and post dated, to the date of your event. This check will not be cashed unless damage to the facility is found, or excessive cleaning is needed. In the case where either occurs, the check will be cashed and a report sent with the total used, any overage will be sent back to the client. Should the costs to repair or restore exceed $500, the client will be responsible for any overages. If no such damage or excessive cleaning occurs, the check will be returned to the client, or shredded (whichever is preferred.).
3. Any returned checks for NSF will result in a $35 fee. Payments not made NET 14 of the event date will incur a 18% service fee, and an additional 18% interest for each thirty (30) day period it is left unpaid. Should legal counsel be necessary to collect these payments, any legal bills, filing fees or other costs incurred by The Heartwood or its affiliates will also be the responsibility of the renting party.
4. Proof of insurance, licenses and other permits for vendors might be requested. All vendors must provide a certificate of insurance listing The Heartwood as additional insured (At the address of the venue). Any such documents not received in a timely manner might result in the cancellation of the event, and loss of any payments.
5. All trash must be taken to the herbies at the end of the night, without exception. Clients are responsible for removal of all personal items, décor, and anything else that did not come from the venue (or rented by the venue). The venue will clean up and breakdown any rental items or other décor that came through the venue.
6. The Heartwood and it's affiliates may make recommendations for other vendors and services, but are not responsible for the cost, contracting, or guarantee services of any kind.
7. All heavy rentals (tables, chairs, stage, rigging, etc) must be rented through the venue. All cloth rentals (linens, napkins, runners, etc) must also come through the venue. Small rentals (china, glassware, flatware, etc) can be sourced through a third party.
8. Renter agrees that the use of the Heartwood will comply with all city, state and federal laws. Renter agrees not to bring inside the premises any weapons, dangerous or hazardous materials, nor the use inside of any cigarettes, tobacco or smoking of any kind - including e-cigarettes.
9. The conduct of all guests while on premise at The Heartwood are the responsibility of the renting party. Any injury to persons or person property, or injury to the facility, it's employees or its property, is the responsibility of the renting party.
10. The Heartwood reserves the right to use pictures from any event held in the facility for use on social media, the website or other marketing or advertising collateral.
11. Management of the facility is done by LexEffect, LLC, dba LexEffect Events + Management. LexEffect is acting as a booking agent and manager to the property, but is not an event manager, wedding coordinator or responsible for any duties of that nature. Those services must be contracted separately, or clients can bring in their own event planner if needed or desired.
12. Notice of cancellation must be made in writing to LEXEFFECT, LLC - PO BOX 21773 Lexington KY 40522. Cancellations may result in additional payments needing to be made, depending on the date of cancellation. Deposits are non-refundable, and forfeited in any cancellation.
13. Events are not to exceed the capacity set forth by the fire marshal. Venue manager reserves the right to halt or cancel any event that violates this rule.
14. Rates and availability are subject to change with or without notice. Dates are not held without a signed agreement and deposit.